Google Voice app is a smart telephone service. This service was launched on March 11, 2009, based on Grand Central, with new features. By using this Google Voice application users can be sent free text messages, customize their voicemail, read voicemail text transcripts etc.
This is a smarter phone number. It works on smartphones and computers, and syncs across your devices by this number from their smartphone user can place and receive calls from anywhere. Users can customize their account so that when someone calls a user's Google Voice phone number, it can ring on all of their phones, or just certain phones that a user selects.
This service previously required a Google Voice invite code to set up, but now it's free for all Gmail users. it's totally free to place calls and send text messages.
How to find Google Voice number:
- Go to the Google Voice website.
- Then Sign in to Google Account.
- Then in the top right, click into the Settings option.
- Under Account, the number listed as Voice number. If no voice number is founded it means Voice isn't set up for this Google Account. In this case, users have to sign in with a new account.
Features of Google Voice app:
- A single Google forwarding number to all of the user's phones
- Unlimited free calls and SMS within the U.S. and Canada, up to three hours in individual length.
- Calling international phone numbers with rates starting at US$0.01 per minute
- Call screening. Announcement of callers based on their number or by an automated identification request for blocked numbers
- Listening in on someone's recording of a voice message before taking a call (press 2 while answering, * to "pick up")
- Blocking calls from specified numbers
- Blocking calls from numbers identified by Google as telemarketers
- Send, receive, and store SMS/MMS online
- Answering incoming calls on any configured phone
- Call routing. Selection of phones that should ring based on calling number or time of day.
- Ringing all of a user's specified phones simultaneously, routing calls to the phone that are answered.
- Voicemail transcripts. Reading of voicemail messages online
- Listening to voicemail online/via an app or from a phone call to your account
- Notification of voicemail messages via email or SMS
- Personalized greetings based on calling the number
- Forward or downloading of voicemails
- Call recording and online archiving (press 4 while on a call)
- Switching off phones during a call
- Viewing the web inbox from a mobile device/phone
- Customize preferences for contacts by group
- Initiating and receiving calls via VoIP
- Ability to change your number for free.
- Ability to port your mobile number for a fee
- Specifying an existing phone number instead of the Google Voice number on an initial setup for use with limited functionality, such as some voicemail functions and using the voice mail system for the user's phone number (mobile devices only).
Some downside of Google voice application:
The biggest advantage of this service is that you don't have to miss calls anywhere. It is even possible to connect with everyone while traveling but there are also some downsides to Google Voice.
Google has a lot of control over the confidential and personal information of its users. This information can be misused in various ways. It is not safe to have one's information under someone else.
For this reason, Google users often have trouble recognizing Google Voice calls and ordinary calls. For this, sometimes users have to take different numbers.
Google voice is an Amazing app for text messaging, calls, and voicemails. User must like ho voicemails can be changed to transcripts so I they can read them at a time when they are unable to listen to the voicemail.